Global Learning Center, houses administrative offices of the President and Institutional Advancement. The GLC has four classrooms study rooms and a multipurpose room equipped with state of the art technology.
Alumnae House, the oldest structure on campus, was built in 1915. It is used to house alumnae activities and offices.
hg0088在线官网Wilbur F. Steele Hall, erected in 1922, is named for Reverend Wilbur Steele, president of Bennett from 1881 to 1889.
Robert E. Jones Residence Hall, built in 1922, is named for the first Black minister elected as a general superintendent with full Episcopal responsibilities in the Methodist Church.
hg0088在线官网John H. Race Administration Building, erected in 1925, is named for a Methodist Church Publishing House official and trustee of Bennett College. It houses Business and Finance, Human Resources, Global Studies and the Entrepreneurship Institute and Public Relations.
Enrollment Management Center, houses the offices of Financial Aid and Admissions.
hg0088在线官网Pfeiffer Residence Hall, constructed in 1924, was the nucleus of the current Bennett College campus and the first of five structures that bear some variation of the names of Mr. and Mrs. Henry Pfeiffer, the institution’s most generous early benefactors.
Black Hall, built in 1937 as Henry Pfeiffer Science Hall and renamed for Ethel F. Black, a Bennett College trustee, when, in 1967–68, a new Henry Pfeiffer Science Hall was built. It is one of two principal classroom buildings. The building houses the administrative offices of Enrollment Management, The Registrar’s Office, the Division of Social Sciences and Education including the Departments of Business and Economics, Curriculum and Instruction, Political Science and Social Work/Sociology, and one computer laboratory.
Annie Merner Residence Hall, bears the maiden name of Mrs. Henry Pfeiffer and was erected in 1937–38. It currently houses faculty offices and the Institute For Academic Success (IAS).
Thomas F. Holgate Library, was built in 1939, named for a former trustee of Bennett College, and funded by the General Education Board of the Methodist Church. Renovations to this building were completed in 2004.
Annie Merner Pfeiffer Chapel and Little Theater, erected in 1941, forms the north boundary of the quadrangle around which most of the major buildings cluster.
Carnegie Building, formerly a branch library of the City of Greensboro, was acquired by Bennett College in 1967 and renovated for use as a center for outreach programs. This facility houses the Truth and Reconciliation Archives and a portion of Information Technology (IT). 11
hg0088在线官网Jessie M. Reynolds Residence Hall, built in 1948, was named for Mrs. Reynolds, a Bennett College trustee from 1936 to 1948 and president of the Woman’s Division of Christian Service of the Methodist Church from 1940 to 1948.
David D. Jones Student Union, erected 1949–50, was named for the president of the College from 1926 to 1955, and is said to have been the first building erected as a student union on a predominantly black college campus in North Carolina. It houses the dining hall, central storeroom, bookstore, snack bar, post office, SGA offices, Commuter Student Lounge, Bennett Boutique and recreational areas as well as the offices of the Student Affairs, Career Services, Residence Life, and Student Activities.
hg0088在线官网Martin Dixon Intergenerational Center, the Bennett College laboratory preschool, is used as a pre-observational and training site for elementary education majors prior to their official field experiences in a public school setting. The first five-star, licensed child-care facility in Guilford County, the preschool is also used by other departments in the College for students to gain exposure to and experiences in working with young children. The Martin Dixon Intergenerational Center also serves as a training/field exposure site for the Department of Curriculum and Instruction, Department of Psychology, Department of Political Science and Social Work/Sociology, and the Department of Visual and Performing Arts.
The President’s Home, forms the south base of the College quadrangle and was constructed in 1955.
Laura H. Cone Residence Hall, was built in 1961–62. Mrs. Cone was a Bennett College trustee and chairperson of the Trustee Committee on Buildings and Grounds
The Ida Haslip Goode Health and Physical Education Building, is named for a long-time trustee of Bennett College who was also president of the Women’s Home Missionary Society of the Methodist Church. The gymnasium contains an Olympic-style swimming pool, a standard basketball court, a combined stage and ballet studio, a corrective exercise gymnasium, faculty offices, four classrooms, and a seminar-conference room. This facility provides classrooms for the Early/Middle College High School at Bennett, a partnership program with the Guilford County School System.
Willa B. Player Residence Hall, this residence hall, was named for the first woman president of Bennett College (1955–66) and was occupied for the first time in the fall of 1967.
hg0088在线官网Henry Pfeiffer Science Building, was built in 1968. In addition to classrooms and laboratories, this structure contains four computer laboratories, one electronic classroom, an animal laboratory with an adjacent greenhouse, and the faculty development resource room and faculty lounge.
The Honors Residence Hall, completed in 2010, is the largest residence hall. This facility has a capacity for 144 honor students, guest suites, seminar room to accommodate lectures and special programs and a computer lab for the residents.
hg0088在线官网Pfeiffer Science Computer Laboratories, The computer labs serve all students on campus in a wide variety of disciplines. The computer labs, located on the first floor of Pfeiffer Science Building, are used as electronic classrooms for specific classes as well as for general academic purposes. Among the software available are word processing, spreadsheets, mathematics and statistical programs, computer programming languages, a large test bank, and electronic lecture notes in mathematics and the sciences. The labs are available for student use throughout the day and evening hours.
hg0088在线官网Rose Catchings Complex, built in 1981, houses the administrative office of the Provost and Associate Provost of the College, Office of Disability Services, Office of the Academic Grant Coordinator, Office of Institutional Effectiveness and Research, Student Health Services, Counseling Center, Information Technology (IT), and Administrative Services.
Merner Pfeiffer Plant – Journalism and Media Studies Building, was adapted for reuse as an academic building in 2009. This historic building originally constructed in 1935 as the heating plant for the campus, houses the Department of Journalism & Media Studies and is equipped with state-of-the-art technology to fully support the curriculum and instruction for this degree program.
Micro Teaching Laboratory. The Bennett College Micro-Laboratory for Effective Teaching, housed in the Department of Curriculum and Instruction in Black Hall, is a simulated laboratory equipped with technological capabilities. Designed to enhance the teaching skills of students enrolled in the Teacher Education Program, the Micro-Lab provides opportunities for self-observance, self-assessment, reflection and exposure to best-practice methods, techniques, and materials prior to actual engagement in pre-professional practicum and student teaching experiences.