Each student is responsible for the proper completion of her academic program as based on the requirements stated in the College Catalog. The assigned faculty advisor is available for consultation, but responsibility remains with the student. Additional advising assistance is available through the Bennett College Center Institute for Academic Success.
Each student has the right to expect Bennett College to conduct its business and programs in accordance with the highest ethical, moral, and legal standards. In identifying the ethical and moral standards to be followed by the College, one need only refer to the basic principles and standards presented in the New Testament of the Bible. Bennett is a Christian institution, and it will maintain the highest standards of Christian ethics and morality in dealing with students. Individualism is paramount to an understanding of the ethical standards of Bennett College. Each student is considered a unique individual, divinely created, and capable of becoming better each day.
Students are expected to attend all scheduled classes and to be in touch with their professors when an unavoidable absence occurs. Regardless of their other activities, students are responsible for completing all course requirements on time and to the best of their abilities. Furthermore, students are expected to adhere to the highest standards of academic integrity, including the appropriate use and citation of the work and ideas of others.
hg0088在线官网 Academic Standards
The minimum standard for satisfactory academic standing for all Bennett College students is a 2.0 (C) cumulative grade point average. A student with less than the required 2.0 grade point average at the end of her first semester will automatically be given an “Academic Warning.” A student with less than a 2.0 cumulative grade point average at the end of her second semester will automatically be placed on “Academic Probation.” A student with less than a 2.0 cumulative grade point average at the end of her third semester will be automatically “Dismissed” whether or not she has been previously placed on academic warning or probation. An academically dismissed student may petition for readmission to the College. If a student has been academically dismissed from the College twice, she becomes ineligible to apply for readmission to Bennett College for a period of three (3) years.
Course Registration Procedures
Registration as it relates to Bennett College: the following procedures must be completed in a satisfactory manner in order for a student to be classified as officially enrolled for a designated term.
hg0088在线官网Students will proceed with course registration following one of the procedures outlined below:
Early Registered Students
- Must have completed Early Registration the previous semester.
- Meet individually with faculty advisors to arrange and complete a Course Registration Proceed to BELLENET for online registration (twelve hours or more for fulltime students). Your course will sit in “Reserve” until your advisor views and approves the registration. Students who Early Registered for at least 12 credit hours can proceed to:
- Residence Life
- Business Office and/or Financial Aid for completion of the Early Registration Process. Completing Early Registration you are not required to return until the 1st Day of class (no fee will be imposed).
IMPORTANT ‐ Upon returning you must CHECK‐IN AT THE R.E.A.L. STATION (VERIFYING YOUR RETURN)
hg0088在线官网Enrollment is completed for a student to proceed to class when the above Check‐in stations are successfully cleared and an electronically validated identification card is issued or updated.
Students Who Did Not Early Register
- Meet individually with faculty advisors to arrange and complete Course Registration and/or proceed to BELLENET for online registration. (12 hours or more for fulltime) Your course will sit in “Reserve” until your advisor view and approve.
- Proceed to the Check‐in site (see below) for completion of the enrollment process (validation).
- Report to the Check‐in Site and complete/clear the following stations:
- Health Center
- Course Registration
- Residence Life
- Financial Aid
- Student Accounts/Cashier (payment of cost of attendance)
- Student ID
- Mail Center
- Enrollment is completed for a student to proceed to class when all of the above Check‐in stations are successfully cleared and an electronically validated identification card is issued or updated.
hg0088在线官网A student can neither register for the second semester of a sequential course in which she has received a failing grade in the prior semester, nor enroll in a course without successfully completing prerequisites.
ORDERING TRANSCRIPTS ONLINE
ATTENTION ALUMNAE and FORMER STUDENTS
Bennett College has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to provide transcript ordering via the web. You can order transcripts using any major credit card (or debit card with Visa/MasterCard logo). Your card will only be charged after your order has been completed.
- To order an official transcript(s), go to
- Select Bennett College from the drop down menu.
- The site will prompt you through placing your order, including delivery options and fees. You can order as many transcripts as you like in a single session. A processing fee will be charged per recipient.
Order updates will be emailed to you (or text message if mobile phone option is selected). You can also track your order online.
General Education Block Transfer Credit Policy
Bennett College will award transfer credit for general education courses successfully completed from a regionally accredited institution and institutions participating in statewide general education agreements. This policy applies to community college graduates with an Associate of Arts (A.A.), Associate of Science (A.S.) degree, Associate in Arts for Transfer (AAT) or Associate in Science for Transfer (AS-T). Please contact the Office of the Registrar for procedures applying to this policy.
Summer School Credit Hours Policy
A total of twelve (12) credit hours may be earned in any one summer at Bennett College. A total of no more than seven (7) credit hours may be earned in any one summer at an accredited institution other than Bennett College.
Transfer Credit/Transient Student
hg0088在线官网Bennett College awards full credit in terms of semester hours and quality points for all courses that are satisfactorily completed during the academic year or summer sessions at approved institutions. Before taking a course at another institution, a student must receive the signatures of the program chair and the dean. The approval form must be completed and approved by the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs and must be filed with the Office of the Registrar.
A transcript of work completed must be filed with the Office of the Registrar when work is completed. Permission for a student to enroll in a course for transfer credit may be denied if the course is being offered at the home institution, and/or a home institution course can be substituted for the transfer course.
Transferable Credit Evaluation Procedure
Students who have completed courses at another accredited college or university may submit the official transcripts for evaluation and acceptance as transfer credit.
The following will be considered by Bennett College in assessing the potential for credit acceptance:
- The Office of the Registrar will determine the courses and credits accepted as meeting general education requirements, transferable electives, and major courses.
- Accepted transfer credits must have a minimum grade of C. Only transfer credit hours are added to the student’s record. The GPA is only affected if the student is participating in the Greater Greensboro Consortium Program. See section on Greater Greensboro Consortium.
- Bennett College will accept only those courses equivalent in content to its courses or relevant to current academic subject areas.
- Bennett College will accept up to thirty-six (36) credit hours of equivalent or comparable content transferable courses toward the general education requirements.
All other transferable coursework will initially be accepted as electives.
The student’s major department has the discretion to accept any elective credit as a substitution based on course content for the required departmental degree program. Substitution forms must be completed by the student’s major department with appropriate signatures and submitted to the Office of the Registrar in order to have the elective transfer credit for degree program requirements officially considered.
- Independent of prior transfer credit hours accepted, a student must complete a minimum of thirty-two (32) consecutive hours at Bennett College.
Questions, please contact the Office of the Registrar at 336-370-8620 or email@example.com.
ATTENTION CURRENT STUDENTS
PLEASE LOGON TO BELLENET TO ACCESS THE TRANSCRIPT REQUEST FORM. SELECT THE ACADEMIC TAB AND SELECT THE STUDENT FORMS FOLDER. CLICK ON THE CUS CLEARINGHOUSE SELF SERVICE ACCESS AND SELECT “ORDER OR TRACK A TRANSCRIPT.”