Title IX Education Amendment
hg0088在线官网Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 protect individuals from discrimination based on sex in any educational program or activity operated by recipients of federal financial assistance. Sexual harassment, which includes acts of sexual violence, is a form of sexual discrimination prohibited by Title IX.
Bennett College Title IX Statement
Bennett College is committed to maintaining a safe and healthy learning and working environment in which no member of the College is, on the basis of sex, sexual orientation, or gender identity, excluded from participation in or denied the benefits of any College program or activity. The policies and procedures described in this Sexual and Relationship Misconduct Policy are intended to prevent and address gender-based harassment, sexual harassment, and sexual violence, which are forms of sex discrimination that deny or limit an individual’s ability to participate in and benefit from the College’s programs and activities.
hg0088在线官网Accordingly, the policy is designed to ensure a safe and non-discriminatory environment that meets the legal requirements of federal, state, and local laws, including Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972; the Violence Against Women Reauthorization Act; the Clery Act; and other applicable state and federal law.
Any individual who has been the target of sexual misconduct, stalking, or relationship abuse or violence, or other conduct that may violate this Policy is strongly encouraged to report the incident.
How to Report
Bennett College provides the following options for reporting an act of sexual misconduct, stalking, relationship abuse and violence, or other acts prohibited under this Policy. You are encouraged to report an incident even if you do not want to file a criminal report or initiate Bennett College’s internal complaint procedures. By your reporting, Bennett College can ensure you have access to counseling services, academic support services, and any other supportive measures that are appropriate. Incident reports also provide information to help Bennett College provide a safe and non-discriminatory environment for all members of the college community.
All non-confidential reports will be reported to the Title IX Coordinator, who will meet with you to review your options and all available resources. Bennett College will limit disclosure of information included in a non-confidential report to those individuals involved in the College’s response to the report and to legally required or permitted disclosures. This means only people who need to know will be told.
1. Report to Campus Safety: Sexual assault (including rape), physical violence, and stalking are serious criminal acts and you are strongly encouraged to report criminal acts to the police. Although the Bennett College strongly encourages all members of its community to report violations of this policy to law enforcement, it is your choice whether or not to make such a report and you have the right to decline involvement with the police.Campus Safety officers can assist you with personal safety, seeking medical attention, preserving evidence, or filing a police report. Campus Safety also can contact other on- and off-campus resources to assist you. Campus Safety will record the report for Clery Act purposes, but shall do so without disclosing any personally identifiable information about the Complainant in order to maintain confidentiality.
Bennett College Office of Campus Safety
2. Report to Title IX Coordinator: Bennett College has designated a Title IX Coordinator to oversee compliance with Title IX, which prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex in education programs or activities. Information that should be included in the report are the date, time, and location of the reported misconduct, the individual who experienced the reported misconduct, the individual(s) accused of committing the reported misconduct, and any other students involved in the reported misconduct.Title IX Coordinator will provide you with a written explanation of your rights and options under this Policy, including resources and services available to you, your options to request assistance or supportive measures and additional remedies, and an explanation of the Bennett College’s internal complaint resolution procedures.Alleged violations can be reported to the Title IX Coordinator by the following:
- Use the online portal to submit your report using this link
- Email the report to the Title IX Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mail the report to 900 East Washington Street, Box 364. Attention Kimberly Drye-Dancy, Title IX Coordinator.
3. Report to an Official with Authority: hg0088在线官网An official with authority who receives a report must report all relevant details about the reported misconduct to the Title IX Coordinator, including the date, time, and location of the reported misconduct, and the names of: the person who provided the report, the individual who experienced the reported misconduct, the individual(s) accused of committing the reported misconduct, and any other students involved in the reported misconduct. Officials with Authority include: the Title IX Coordinator, College President, Chief Operating Officer, Vice President of Academic Affairs, Vice President of Student Experience and Enrollment Management, Director of Human Resources; any Bennett College faculty member or teaching assistant; any Resident Advisor, Residence Director, or employee of Residence Life; any member of the Board of Trustees; and any employee of Campus Safety.
4. Anonymous Reporting: Any individual may report conduct prohibited by this Policy to Bennett College without disclosing their name and without identifying the Respondent, and without requesting any action. However, Bennett College’s ability to respond to an anonymous report may be limited depending on the level of information available about the incident or individuals involved. Anonymous reports can also be filed at .
hg0088在线官网While Bennett College is committing to protecting the confidentiality of persons who report potential violations of this policy, under certain circumstances, the College’s ability to maintain complete confidentiality may be limited in some respects. It is important that anyone considering a report make an informed decision about the confidentiality of their report. College employees and staff members differ in their ability to maintain complete confidentiality of a person’s report.
Confidentiality of Reports to Licensed Medical and Mental Health Professionals, Pastoral Counselors
Licensed Medical and Mental Health Professionals, Pastoral Counselors will not report allegations to the College’s Title IX coordinator if the person reporting the allegations requests that they be kept confidential.
Questions of Complaints
hg0088在线官网Any questions or complaints concerning Title IX should be reported to:
Office of Title IX
900 East Washington St, Box 364 | Race Hall- 2nd Floor
Greensboro, NC 27401
Telephone: (336) 517-2298
In the event that an incident involves alleged misconduct by the Title IX Coordinator, reports should be made directly to the Director for Human Resources Ebony Kendrick at (336) 370-8632or email@example.com.